The official weblog of ClickBook.net. ClickBook streamlines the process of appointment scheduling for small business, schools and other organisations. For technical updates please visit the Technical Blog.

Subscribing to ClickBook with Outlook 2010

Mark Demicoli  25 October 2010 01:06:22 PM
Subscribing with Outlook 2010 requires certain steps.  Please follow these steps carefully.

Step 1: Copy your ClickBook subscription address

This is located in your Account tab if you are a Main Contact, or on the Preferences tab if you are a staff member.

Select the Non-password protected address, right-click and select Copy:

Image:Subscribing to ClickBook with Outlook 2010

Step 2: Select the Account Settings button from the File Menu, in the Info section.

Step 3: From the Account Settings dialog box, select the Internet Calendars tab, click New and paste your calendar address into the box.   Press Add.

You will be asked to enter a Folder Name.  Change the folder name to "ClickBook - [your name]" and press OK.  You should in a few moments see your new ClickBook calendar appear in Outlook.

Comments

1Justine Robinson  30/10/10 4:46:05 AM  Synching Clickbook with Outlook, then Outlook with Google Calenders...

Okay,

So here's my story~

I had a Blackberry 8330 that synched well with Outlook. That was one of the original reasons I started with Clickbook- because I could import my Clickbook Calendar to Outlook (at that time I used 2002/3) and from outlook import it to my blackberry with no issues.

At some point, Clickbook upgraded the software to only synch with a newer version of outlook (which I didn't want to pay for an upgrade!)

I finally broke down and bought an upgrade (which was a HASSLE to install on an old OP system) and figured out how to get the Clickbook calendar to synch with the new outlook 2010 program I purchased. (before the help was posted on the blog...which was again a hassle!)

Soon after~ I decided to also upgrade my phone from a BB to a Droid X Thinking I would be able to still utelize my newly purchased Outlook 2010 to synch my phone's calendar with.

WRONG.

Being a google powered phone, it does not synch with outlook directly. grr...

SO~ I decided to try and figure out if there was a way to circumvent this snaffu by using a third party synching feature. There is not.

After much researching, I found you can synch outlook with google calendars, Yay! Or so I thought...

(by this point you must be screaming "just synch clickbook with your google calendar and bypass outlook all together!!" you wouldn't be saying that if you had just paid 75+ LOTS of time for the new outlook 2010... I promise you.)

Google only synchs with outlook's primary calendar (which clickbook is not.)

After much too much time and effort, I have finally figured out (I THINK!!!) that in order to A.) synch clickbook with my Android phone, B.) Utelize this outlook program i just paid for, and C.) have everything run smoothly... I must do what you screamed at me to do...

Synch Clickbook with Google, then Google will import into Outlook.. And all will be right with the world. .. Finally.

I wanted to post this so that if there is anyone else out there that was trying to do the same thing as I~ They wouldn't have to spend QUITE so much time doing so.